Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

Macmillan Coffee Morning

When my Dad was ill we were lucky enough to have a great Macmillan nurse who came to visit him regularly and who we could turn to when we had questions. When nothing more could be done he was the person who helped arrange my Dad's last few days in peace. So Macmillan Cancer is a charity I love to support as I know what a massive difference it can make to peoples lives - and sadly so many of us are impacted by the C word.

So today I arranged the annual coffee morning in work. Luckily I work with people who enjoy baking as much as I do. My contribution was the "ice cream" style cupcakes which I've been wanting to make for ages. I saw the strawberry syrup for sale in Aldi as part of their baking event which gave me the opportunity to finally make them.


There were Cookie Monster cupcakes that looked great - L was very clever making them - banana loaves, lemon drizzle, flapjacks and cookies, various flavours of cupcakes and some impressive eclairs.


Everyone found something they liked. 

 
Some of the plates were piled high!

In total we raised £200 a great amount for Macmillan it will help support another family through a difficult time.

If you are having a Macmillan coffee morning I hope it's a success - and I do know how many sprinkles are on the cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment