Pages

Monday 15 September 2014

Comfort baking

When my weekend is hectic I like to squeeze in a quick simple bake - it's therapeutic knowing that in 10 minutes something will be in the oven and in the hour it bakes I can get through some more of my to do list with a lovely treat to look forward to at the end of it. I have a go to cook book and normally a go to page - Mary Berry's Banana Loaf - and dependent on what I have to hand I either bake it exactly as it says or add something extra. This weekend I decided to add some blueberries to it - I love the way they pop in a cake the juice so vivid when you cut into it.

Here's how it turned out - and a big thumbs up from the kids. 



The Mary Berry receipe is:
100g butter softened
175g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 ripe banana
1 large handful of blueberries
225g self raising flour
1 level teaspoon of baking powder
2 tablespoons milk

Mix all the ingredients together - putting in the blueberries at the end and folding them in.
Oven 180 bake for 1 hour.

Next weekend is the Brandleshome Bake Off I'm wondering whether to enter and if so what to bake.

What's your comfort bake? 

No comments:

Post a Comment